Heath provides clients dirt-to-divestiture representation in commercial real estate, covering acquisition, financing, development, construction, and operational matters.
Heath’s experience includes entity formation and governance documents, drafting and negotiation of acquisition and financing documents, mechanics and material liens, secured transactions, commercial contracts – including AIA and other construction and design contracts – and commercial leasing. Heath delivers practical, efficient, business-oriented advice to ensure his clients’ transactions close on time.
- Regional developer in its assemblage acquisition, $22,805,000 construction financing, and development of an 8-acre parcel into a 300-unit multi-family residential community.
- Apartment operator in its $31,000,000 acquisition and financing of a 28-acre, 381-unit multi-family residential community.
- Publicly traded bank in closing a multi-phased $12,370,000 credit facility secured by real and personal property assets associated with 18 retail locations.
- National shopping center developer in its joint-venture acquisition and $44,900,000 construction financing of a 44-acre parcel to be developed into a 219,000-square-feet retail shopping center in Virginia.
- Apartment operator in acquisition of properties with a total value of over $28,000,000, including initial acquisition financing, refinancing, and variety of operational issues.
- Private equity lender in over 35 loan closings secured by real property located throughout the United States totaling approximately $7,000,000.
Publications and Presentations
- Author and Speaker, “Title Workshop: From Examination to Commitment,” Nation Business Institute Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Atlanta, GA (2009)
- Co-Author “Know When to Hold ‘Em, Know When to Fold ‘Em: Survey of Shareholder’s Rights to Inspect Corporate Records”, Georgia Business Law Newsletter (Winter 2004)
- Assistant Instructor “Start and Manage a Successful Business” at Emory Institute for Professional Learning
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell