Bene concentrates her practice in transactional real estate law. She has represented clients with respect to all legal aspects of real estate development and redevelopment from acquisition through sale, including but not limited to, acquisition of real property, negotiations with existing tenants, neighbors or adjacent developers, working directly with new and/or prospective tenants, reviewing and amending title and drafting new recordable documents, obtaining construction and or mezzanine financing, and selling real property to large, sophisticated purchasers.She has broad range and depth of contract experience, and has drafted and negotiated a diverse variety of complex contracts including but not limited to operating agreements, ground leases, letters of intent, brokerage agreements, leases, escrow agreements, reciprocal easement agreements, declarations and parking agreements. She takes a practical and forward-thinking approach to assisting clients complete their real estate transactions and build long-term relationships with key parties.
- Development of complex, mixed-use projects involving the integration of office space, retail space, residential for-lease apartments, parking garages, condominium units and hotels.
- Representation of real estate owners with respect to construction financing, permanent financing and mezzanine loans with loans ranging in size from $2 million to $200 million.
- Sales of industrial properties located in the Southeastern United States, Massachusetts and elsewhere.
- Acquisitions and dispositions of previously distressed properties.
- Development of high-end grocery anchored shopping centers in Decatur, Delray, Atlanta, Sarasota and Newport News.