Mac’s transactional practice includes (i) the purchase, sale, development, financing, leasing, and other aspects of commercial real estate (mixed-use, multi-family, hospitality and restaurant, urban redevelopment, and other projects); (ii) secured lending, troubled loans, and workouts; and (iii) mergers and acquisitions. Clients include developers, lenders, investors, management companies, private equity, and venture funds and investment banks.Mac also provides general legal support services for an assortment of operating business clients, ranging from general contract negotiation services to strategic tax and financial structuring advice. The industry groups represented are very diverse and include specialty food retail, distribution, manufacturing, hospitality and restaurant services, real estate sales and management services, financial services, marketing services, software development and licensing.
Recent Transactions – M&A
- Represented purchaser (private equity fund) in structuring, negotiating, and closing the following transactions, each of which involved senior debt, mezzanine debt, and equity:
- $32 million acquisition of metals distribution business
- $25 million acquisition of steel products distribution business
- $11 million acquisition of commercial refrigeration/HVAC systems management business
- Represented seller in $22.5 million sale of cell phone tower business.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition of a distressed casual restaurant franchise system from the original franchisor.
- Represented purchaser in the $15 million acquisition of a privately held federal government contractor engaged in the business of cable and electrical supply products.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition of the project management division of a major construction firm.
Recent Transactions – Real Estate
- Represented purchaser of 381-unit metro Atlanta apartment complex with transaction structured as reverse 1031 exchange; transaction value $30+ million.
- Represented multi-family developer of 308-unit mixed-use project ($30+ million) in partnership with suburban municipality.
- Represented Seller/Joint Venture Partner in 230-unit multi-family mixed-use Atlanta in-town development project.
Recent Transactions – Secured Lending
- Represented lender in term loan and revolving facility ($6+ million) secured by real estate and blanket lien on operating assets.
- Represented lender in $3.3 million refinancing of property subject to long-term ground lease.
- Represented borrower in $22 million refinancing of stabilized multi-family project.