Viraj P. Deshmukh
Viraj takes a cradle to grave approach to advising corporate clients. From advising on formation and governance to liquidation and reorganization, he is involved in all areas of corporate practice, including mergers, acquisitions, real estate, employment, contract review and drafting etc.Viraj began his career as a litigator and has substantial experience representing his clients in complex lawsuits throughout the country in state, federal, and appellate court . Viraj’s experience in complex litigation provides him a unique outlook to advising his corporate clients through dispute resolution.
- Serving as outside general counsel to international home goods provider with more than sixty million dollars in revenue.
- Serving as outside general counsel to the American division of an international asset tracking device provider.
- Represented musician in a twenty million dollar collateralization of revenue streams from albums.
- Represented private equity company in a multi-million dollar acquisition of a construction company.
- Represented IT company in a multi-million dollar purchase of a rival IT company.
- Represented a lender in appellate proceedings against taxing authorities in a Florida county.
- Represented an IT provider in a five million dollar arbitration case against a regional hospital in South Carolina; negotiated a favorable settlement for the client on the day of the final hearing.
- Served as second chair in jury trial defending a commercial landlord in a breach of contract suit.
- Successfully represented a receiver in an appeal on receiver’s fees through the Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court.
- Represented members of a limited liability company in a six million dollar dispute on the distribution of funds from a sale of real estate; negotiated a favorable settlement for the clients at a mediation.
- Defended a public corporation in multi-million dollar Uniform Voidable Transactions Act lawsuit in the Northern District of Georgia; obtained a dismissal on all counts for the client.
- Defended financial institutions in class actions on overdraft fees.
- Represented member of a construction and development company in an intra-member dispute in the Georgia State-wide Business Court.
- Defended a national law firm in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act lawsuit in the Northern District of Georgia; obtained a dismissal on all counts for the client.
- Represented a lender in a million dollar lawsuit against a granite quarry; obtained favorable settlement for the client the day after depositions.
- Represented a national lender in a Telephone Consumer Protection Act lawsuit filed in the Northern District of Georgia; obtained a favorable settlement for the client after discovery.
- Represented employers and employees in several TRO and injunction actions on restrictive covenants.